Ambassador Nomination Ceremony for Peace #Angola
Under the motto: Shaping Peace Together, spreading compassion, kindness, and hope in the face of the pandemic, launched by the UN in 2020, YSP Angola dedicated the Celebration of Peace and Peace Makers, and hosted the Nomination Ceremony for Ambassadors for Peace, attended by one hundred participants via the Zoom and 2851 people via YSP Angola’s Facebook page.
Ten personalities of Angolan society were nominated as Ambassadors for Peace from different industries: sports, literature and arts, mentors, coaching, scouts, health and well-being, and public administration. Those in attendance committed even more strongly to work, support young people, and give tribute through objective actions, the vision, mission, and values of IAYSP.
In addition to the Nomination of Ambassadors for Peace, YSP Angola has launched the website www.yspangola.org.
– Representative of the Office of the UN Resident Coordinator in Angola- Dr. Fátima Santos.
– International President of Youth & Students for Peace (IAYSP) – Mr. Koji Matsuda.
– UPF Angola President – Dr. Manuel Domingos Adão.
– President of the Federation of Families for World Peace and Unification in Angola.
– Rev. Kinambuta Sambo Pedro.
– UPF Angola Secretary-General – Dr. Joaquim Rodrigues.
The ceremony had a simultaneous translation in English and French, supported by UPF Angola and was further supported by YSP Latin America, with Gabriela Pantoja, providing the Spanish translation.