Thirteenth Peace Design Table – Climate Leadership and the 2030 Agenda #Angola
Ambassador for Peace Erica Tavares and ten Peace Makers held their Peace Dialogue Table and reflected on Climate Leadership and the 2030 Agenda on December 8, 2020. The event had fifty participants. (SDG 4, 5, and 13).
The dialogue focused on Climate Leadership, the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, and Angola’s direction in the present and the future.
Main issues discussed:
– How to boost leadership in Angola.
– How to promote the 2030 agenda in Angola.
– Establish a clearer idea of how young people can align with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
-Insufficient public knowledge of the subject area.
– Absence of critical thinking.
– Lack of motivation.
– Communication breakdown.
– Social and gender inequality.
– Education standards decreasing in quality.
– Deficient government action and support, and inactive citizens and others.
Solutions: (What can young people do?).
Invest in personal training, build the leadership they would like to receive, promote the training of teachers, and motivate citizens to become more active.