Seventh Peace Design Table – Depression & Suicide (Angola)
IAYSP Angola organized the seventh Peace Design Table, Depression & Suicide on December 6, 2020.
Ambassador Ermelinda Dala and eight Peace Makers reflected on the topic and concluded that to effectively solve this problem, long-term solutions were required.
Suggested actions were:
– Encourage debates about depression in schools, churches, and philanthropic groups.
– Community houses and reception centers.
– Advertise television and radio programs on the subject in question.
– Make people aware of at least three out of ten signs of depression and how to identity them.
And the suggested solutions were:
-Express acceptance and empathy towards people suffering depression.
– Encourage media to allocate increase exposure to the topic of depression.
– To have self-love so that we have more love for our neighbour.
– To make people alert to cultural issues and talk about ways to deal with them (example, when father or mother leaves).