Eighth Peace Design Table – Educating to Save #Angola
Ambassador Luzimira João and eight Peace Makers convened for their Peace Design Table on December 6, 2020, which reflected on the theme, Educating to Save (SDG 3 and 4). Fifty-six participants were present during the event with more than one thousand viewers through Facebook.
Education and health are the basis for the development of any society. In Angola, these sectors are of great concern as there are countless opportunities for improvement. Basic sanitation needs to be overhauled, especially in Luanda province. To improve sanitation, treating the produced solid waste will not be enough. Increasing community awareness of their responsibility to reduce waste is paramount.
The main question was: How can basic hygiene be improved through education?
– The lack of awareness of preventable diseases.
– The state of the sanitary facilities.
– Low standard of living and urban decline.
– To help communities in need, and reduce / or prevent pathologies by utilizing natural resources.
– To protect the environment and make these activities financially profitable.
– Implementation of green filters to eliminate standing water and solid waste, and reduce insects and risks of infection and contamination that affect the health of the population.
– Residents, housewives, retirees, teenagers, and residents with backyards.